Cyclades Sailing School
The Cyclades Sailing School begins lessons of Traditional Sailing in Syros. The purpose of school is learning Traditional Sailing and the promotion of our cultural heritage, the preservation of our traditional boats and survival of professions related to their construction specialy to Syros, with the huge shipbuilding tradition.
The documentation and recording of the whole process of the Traditional Sailing School hope to highlight and preserve the methods of construction and rigging of these vessels, to train young people in traditional sailing that although in recent years has been forgotten.
The program includes theoretical courses:
• HISTORICAL DATA- sailing boats EVOLUTION
• TYPES OF TRADITIONAL sailing boats
• Latin boats
• HISTORY OF Wooden Boat Bilding
•HYDRODYNAMICS INFORMATION - AERODYNAMICS IN TRADITIONAL CRAFT
• SHIPPING -CHARTES, Compasses, STEERING- DETERMINING POSITION
• SAFETY BOARD - right, SIGNS AND RISK COMMUNICATION AT SEA
• ELECTRONIC DEVICES-NAUTICAL-VHF-GMDSS
• PORT REGULATIONS , MARITIME LAW OBLIGATIONS FOR SKIPPERS
• MARINE ENGINES, DIESEL
• METEOROLOGY, WEATHER FORECAST
• FIRST AID
After certification of the knowledge and written exam, the practice is done with sailing boats and traditional boats for a week in Syros.
REGISTRATION TO THE SEMINAR
You must specify the complete email confirmation form recording personal data following the Seminar distance.